melissalwalker

Monday, February 18, 2008

Going Rollin'

A couple of weekends ago I did a disciple now weekend in Hueytown, Alabama. It was a blast! I had an awesome group of girls that were fun and loud ;)! Well on Saturday night after we finished our last session around midnight, our host parents inform us that it is time to go "rollin". Now I have never rolled a house before. I know, I'm 21 and have never vandalized someone's property! Shocking! I have just never had the opportunity, when my girls found this out, they could not believe it! They made it their mission to introduce me to the fine art of "rollin" and they succeeded. On our way out the door I'm expecting to see a car or two that we are all going to jump into, but parked outside of the house is a huge white moving van! As I round the corner of the van to jump in the back, there are about 20 or so people already in the van. It is dark and cold, plus, I am riding in the back of a huge truck! It's crazy! The first house we go to, we get caught so I did not get to roll. Then they decide to go to the pastor's house, the SENIOR PASTOR! So my very first experience of throwing toilet paper in someone's trees and front porch, was a pastor's home, with parents in the background cheering us on. To top off the evening we hit a mailbox...the mailbox of the the owner of the van, who has no idea it is filled with 30 people and is being driven all over the place so we can roll houses! It was an adventure. But I think the best part was, I got to go home the next day and not take responsibility for any of it! (not to mention clean any of it up!) So now, when people ask, "What's the craziest thing you've done?" I'll have an answer for them.
Mel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home